Admission to Society:
LLB (University of Witwatersrand)
Higher Diploma in Insolvency Law & Practice (Cum Laude) (University of Pretoria)
Advanced Course in Business Rescue Practice (Unisa)
Areas of Practice:
All forms of commercial litigation, with a special focus in:
• Company Law
• Business Rescue
• Insolvency and Liquidations
• Financial and Advisory Services Law
• Property Law
• Construction and Engineering Law
All forms of Labour Law (including restraints of trade)
Faye was called to the Bar in 2009.Faye did her pupillage in the Bridge Group of Advocates, where she held chambers for 10 years before moving to the Maisels Group.
During Faye’s early years at the Bar, she gained experience in a wide range of matters. In recent years, Faye’s practice has become focused on banking, company, insolvency, property and labour related matters.
In keeping with Faye’s more recent years of practice, she obtained a Higher Diploma in Insolvency Law (cum laude) and completed an Advanced Course in Business Recue. Faye is a member of the South African Restructuring and Insolvency Practitioners Association NPC (SARIPA) and is also a member of the International Association of Restructuring, Insolvency & Bankruptcy Professionals (INSOL).
Faye has presided as chairperson in various labour disputes and is accredited member of the Arbitration Foundation of Southern Africa (AFSA) on the commercial disputes panel.
Faye’s keen interest in construction law has led her to complete a Specialisation course in Construction Law and Arbitration through the Association of Arbitrators (Southern Africa) NPC, of which she is an associate member. Faye has also completed a certificate course in FIDIC.
• The South African Restructuring and Insolvency Practitioners Association NPC (SARIPA)
• International Association of Restructuring, Insolvency & Bankruptcy Professionals (INSOL)
• South African Society of Labour Law (SASLAW)
• Arbitration Foundation of Southern Africa (AFSA)
• The Associate of Arbitrators (Southern Africa) NPC
Reported and Noteworthy Cases:
1. Chillibush Communications (Pty) Ltd v Gericke and Others (JR 2384/09)  ZALC 124 (18
2. Mokoena v Road Accident Fund (2010/38170)  ZAGPJHC 2011
3. Global Outdoor Systems Ltd v Du Toit & Others (2011) 32 ILI1100 (LC)
4. Beck v Dr Enrico F Maraschin Inc 2014 JDR 2585 (GJ)
5. Unitrans Supply Chain Solutions (Pty) Ltd v SA Transport & Allied Workers Union & others
(2014) 35 ILJ 265 (LC)
6. City of Johannesburg v Swanepoel NO & others (2016) 37 ILJ 1400 (LC)
7. KPMM Road and Earthworks (Pty) Ltd v Association of Mineworkers and Construction Union (AMCU) and Others (2018) 39 ILJ 609 (LC)
Phone: 082 782 0634