- LLB (Unisa)
- Advanced Dispute Resolution Certificate Cum Laude with the area of specialisation being International Commercial Arbitration, 2013 (University of Pretoria in conjunction with AFSA)
- Certificate in Legislative Drafting (University of Pretoria)
- Diploma in Advertising (Damelin Correspondence College)
- LLM International Sports Law In Practice (Sheffield Hallam University)
Areas of Practice:
He runs a general civil practice with a focus on the following:
- Administrative and constitutional law
- Customs law and Tax law
- Sports Law
- Water law
- Rule 53 Reviews
- Advertising law and Media law
- Energy law
- Environmental law
- Labour law
He previously worked for the South African Revenue Service (SARS) for a period of twelve years in the Customs and Tax Legal and Policy Divisions. During his tenure with SARS he was seconded to the State Attorneys, Pretoria, where he served his Articles of Clerkship and then wrote and passed the Attorneys’ Admission Examinations, and was later admitted as an attorney before he was called to the Bar.
He has appeared in all the South African courts as counsel for different litigants.
Some of the most reported and significant judgments he has appeared in and which are part of the South African jurisprudence are as follows:
- Minister for Environmental Affairs and Another v Aquarius Platinum (SA) (Pty) Ltd and Others  ZACC 4
- Earthlife Africa Johannesburg and Another v Minister of Energy and Others (19529/2015)  ZAWCHC 50;  3 All SA 187 (WCC); 2017 (5) SA 227 (WCC) (26 April 2017)
- CTP JV and another v The Director–General Department of Basic Education and another (447/2018)  ZASCA 156 (20 November 2018)
- Phaahla v Minister of Justice and Correctional Services and Another (Tlhakanye Intervening)  ZACC 18
- Mbungela & another v Mkabi & others (820/2018)  ZASCA 134 (30 September 2019)
- The Commissioner for the South African Revenue Service v Clicks Retailers (Pty) Ltd (58/2019)  ZASCA 187 (3 December 2019)
He is also a member of the International Bar Association and is also a member of its Ethics Committee.
He takes a keen interest in all sports activities and has completed the Comrades Marathon on six occasions.
Email: email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org